No Added Sugar
Easy Keto Egg Roll in a Bowl
- 1 1/4 lb spicy pork sausage bulk
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 cups green cabbage shredded
- 1 medium carrot shredded
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 tbsp ginger fresh, finely minced
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos or tamari
- sea salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds toasted for garnish
- Heat a large high-sided skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage and cook, breaking the meat into small pieces as it cooks, for approximately 5-6 minutes. Once sausage is no longer pink, remove from heat and carefully drain excess grease from pan.Safety Tip: Wipe off any excess fat that drips down the side of the pan before returning to burner.
- Return skillet to heat. Add water and scrape up brown bits from the bottom of the pan with a spatula. Reduce heat to medium and add shredded cabbage, carrots, garlic powder, sesame oil, ginger, and green onions. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and cook, stirring frequently, until the cabbage wilts and the carrot softens, approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Add rice vinegar and coconut aminos and stir to combine. Cook another 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Remove from heat and transfer to a serving platter or bowl. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds, if using, and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Note: I get commissions for purchases made through links in this post. Using the links I provide doesn’t cost you anything extra. It’s just a friendly way to help support me and this site.
Allergen Notice: Although I’ve made every effort to find quality, gluten-free, and allergen-free products, manufacturers will sometimes change their recipes or manufacturing practices. Therefore, please confirm that the ingredients you purchase are, indeed, free from unwanted allergens.